This is a document we came up with at Minuteman Civil Defense Corps. It has been sent to senators, congressmen, and presidential candidates. It is posted on Tom Tancredo's site and I'mwithfred. This is what citizens came up with, will congress listen?
"In the first place we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the man's becoming in very fact an American, and nothing but an American...
There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag, and this excludes the red flag, which symbolizes all wars against liberty and civilization, just as much as it excludes any foreign flag of a nation to which we are hostile...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."
--Theodore Roosevelt, 1919
A Secure Borders First Act of 2007
1. The Office of the President of the United States and the Executive branch of the United States government are hereby instructed to enforce current immigration laws and the current elements enacted below.
2. A BILL To authorize appropriations for assistance for the MCDC-ALIPAC -Development Fund. (SECURE BORDERS FIRST ACT 2007) Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled, SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE. This Act may be cited as the `Secure Borders First Act of 2007'. SEC. 2. ASSISTANCE FOR MCDC-ALIPAC Development Fund. (a) Use- The Secretary of Housing and Urban Development shall, to the extent amounts are made available pursuant to subsection (b), make a grant to the MCDC-ALIPAC for the purpose of providing technical and financial assistance to local non-profit organizations to undertake community development, community patrols, additional border security enforcement agents, additional deportation judges, additional deportation facilities, and additional agents to enforce immigration laws particularly through organizations located in neighborhoods with substantial populations of income-disadvantaged households of Hispanic, French, German, Italian, Greek, African, Asian origin. Assistance provided by the Secretary under this section may be used by the MCDC-ALIPAC. to-- (1) provide technical and financial assistance for site acquisition and development, construction financing, and short- and long-term financing for housing, community facilities, and economic development; (2) leverage capital from private entities, including private financial institutions, insurance companies, and private philanthropic organizations; (3) provide technical assistance, training, support, and advice to develop the management, financial, and administrative capabilities of housing development organizations serving low-income households, including Hispanic French, German, Italian, Greek, African, Asian origin households; and (4) conduct such other activities as may be determined by the Secretary of MCDC-ALIPAC. (b) Authorization of Appropriations- There is authorized to be appropriated for grants under this section-- (1) $125,000,000 for fiscal year 2008; and (2) $100,000,000 for each fiscal year thereafter.
3. This Legislation passes the Coburn Amendment requiring the enforcement of existing border security and immigration laws and congressional approval before amnesty can be granted. Laws to be enforced are the 1986, 1996 and 2006 acts, which make up a comprehensive law. These provisions of existing law include: control over maritime borders, full fencing required by law, integrated alien databases, US-VISIT program, biometric ID system, and ending “sanctuary city” policies.
4. Restore ‘apprehension and deportation’ as the official policy of the nation. There should be no such thing as a ‘legal resident,’ except for those folks who have gone through the proper legal immigration channels seeking citizenship or here under specialized work visas. C There should be no confusion about this at all. Restore an orderly, lawful immigration system, as it was pre-1965.
5. There will be absolutely no amnesty extended to any person who entered this nation illegally. Those in this nation wishing to become a citizen, secure legal work visas or green cards (or come out of the shadows) will be required to report to a clearing house (to be determined) for registration and processing by a given date.
6. There will be a national registration day held across the nation. This deadline will be fixed and hard. Anyone apprehended after this date will be immediately deported to country of origin, no exceptions.
7. Illegals showing up for registration must (a) prove whom they are, where they are living, proof of employment (with the understanding that their employers will be prosecuted), sponsorship by an American citizen, family status, and from whence they came; (b) provide fingerprints, DNA sample, and retinal scan during processing; and (c) submit to a background investigation.
8. Immediately start a bio-metrics system cataloguing every illegal registering and all illegals detained from this date forward. Names, cities and countries of origin, family information, fingerprinting, DNA samples, and retinal scans should be input into the system along with other background information available on the individuals.
9. Illegals will be required to have a sponsor and the sponsor must provide the same information as the illegal at registration.
10. Those registering will be informed that if they wish to become a citizen, they must return to their country of origin and apply through the proper channels and regulations.
11. Those seeking work visas must return to their country of origin and apply for temporary work visas (or other classifications).
12. Those seeking green cards must do the same.
13. Registration for citizenship or work visas will require registration and working through a private company specializing in providing temporary employment (e.g., AdminiStaff – although the employment service will be rewarded on a competitive bid basis). If an illegal does not re-register and remain in contact with the temporary employment service, they will be flagged as being in non-compliance and be classified as such and subject to deportation.
14. No illegal registering will be granted amnesty (political or otherwise), extended any legal status such as a ‘legal resident,’ and informed that they must return to their nation of origin in order to be employed or become a citizen.
15. Those registering will be given priority for temporary employment and issued a bio-metric identification card to be presented when reapplying for temporary work and citizenship status in the United States. Those who abide by the rules and present their bio-metric identification cards will be given priority to return to the United States based on their registration, sponsorship and the needs of the country for workers.
16. All persons identified as collecting transfer payments from the American taxpayers, through the welfare state, will have payments terminated immediately. With registration, illegals will be told there will be no further transfer payments, if they become unemployed during their tenure, they must report into the temporary employment agency requesting re-employment or return to their country of origin.
17. Only those who apply for citizenship will be allowed to bring their immediate family defined as their wife (husband) and children – no others.
18. Temporary workers will not be allowed to bring their families into the United States, except on temporary visas applied for through the employment agencies and will require sponsorship by an American sponsor. At the end of their temporary status, foreign nationals will be required to re-register in their country of origin for further employment. Up on the completion of their temporary work status, they will be issued a voucher and must fly back to their country of origin to reapply with the temporary employment agency for future work. Social security taxes will be tabulated and refunded at the time of their departure.
19. Aggressively enforce employment sanctions against those companies knowingly hiring illegals across the nation. Those companies identified by illegals during registration but willing to sponsor and/or hire those they had hired illegally may forego a portion of their finds and penalties by funding and agreeing to hire the illegal as a temporary worker through the temporary employment agency after they return to their country of origin and reapplying.
20. Shutdown the border by (a) hiring more border patrol agents; (b) deploy national guard units along the U.S. Mexico border with ‘seek, apprehend, and deport’ as their primary rule of engagement; (c) deputize and fund civilians/civilian organizations to marshal border crossings (and other places across the nation) with limited rules of engagement; and (d) require all local law enforcement agencies across the nation to arrest any person deemed to be in this nation illegally, even if it is for a traffic ticket.
21. All fencing authorized by law will be built within six months. During the period of construction, the United States and Mexico will be militarized with the deployment of national guard units from the several states affected by this act.
22. Local governments (Education, City, County, and State) refusing to follow federal law, opting out as a so-called sanctuary city (entity), will have all federal funds withheld until there is full compliance.
23. Immediately stop the remittance of funds from the United States into Mexico by banks and other financial (money) companies (Western Union type firms). All wire transfers must be funneled through the banking system until the immigration system is stabilized, as determined by the Congress. Wire transfers will only be allowed for registered businesses conducting legitimate business in Mexico.
24. Immediately install the electronic and aerial surveillance to compliment the differing elements of border enforcement.
25. The 636,000+ illegals already identified and ordered out of the country by the courts should be immediately deported from this nation upon apprehension. They can form the foundation of the database to be developed. If they register at the clearinghouse and on national registration day, they will be immediately deported.
26. All criminals currently in our jails and prisons will be deported to their country of origin after they have been input into and identified through the bio-metric identification database. This section could require that the criminals be deported after serving their time, based on the nature of the crime.
27. Set about building an orderly immigration/temporary (guest) worker system using an experienced temporary employment agency to truly manage a temporary worker program on an as needed basis and monitor citizenship compliance.
28. The United States state department will be required to inform any nation seeking so-called free-trade or other trade agreements with the United States to institute free-market reforms and free market reciprocity for American citizens. Nations requiring American citizens to meet certain requirements in their country will have those same laws applied to their citizens who seek to do business in the United States. For example, citizens in Mexico can bring capital our of Mexico and start up a business within days in the United States, where in Mexico, Americans are required to have a majority ownership by a Mexican citizen and meet bureaucratic rules of the Mexican government (mordida). This type of requirement (of American citizens) is unacceptable and should be struck down as a condition for free-trade between the two nations.
29. Hereby all offices of ICE/INS/CES will follow the rules of law as they pertain to all immigrants/aliens requesting access to the USA. Any persons found not upholding the laws currently on the books will be fired, and punished by the law. Laws in pertain offices will not be changed by any of the management or employees. A tip line will be provided to help inform authorities of improper actions internally to ICE/INS/CES agencies. All members of congress are required to read and understand the complete "Non immigrant guest worker program book" and understand its contents so that they will be able to make intelligent choices about any new laws that they deemed fit!
30. Visa programs- All visa programs will be reduced by 25% until full employment has been reached by employing American citizens who are here in the country legally, and who have no criminal records of any felony counts.
31. Agricultural visas will be granted ONLY to those in the farming business who will provide food, shelter, medical attention & coverage for those people which the farm cannot possible get from the American work pool of labor, at the prevailing standard hourly wage rate. The farmers wishing to have these visas must carry a bond of $2500 for each person granted a visa in this program, and dutifully report the status of the visa holder to the ICE department every 6 months, and pay the prevailing minimum wage at least.
32. Educational visas will be granted to students who meet specific academic requirements for programs that are not offered in their country of origin only, and must have attained at the minimum of a 3.9 grade level in previous studies. High tech visas will be eliminated.
33. Any child who is born in this country to an illegal person, will not be considered a citizen of the USA, henceforth “Anchor Babies” will not exist. The child, when he/she reaches majority age will be given the opportunity (and priority) to apply for American citizenship. A newborn should not be used as a means for chain migration for the parents and other relatives. A BILL To amend section 301 of the Immigration and Nationality Act to clarify those classes of individuals born in the United States who are nationals and citizens of the United States at birth. Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled, SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE. This Act may be cited as the `Birthright Citizenship Act of 2007'. SEC. 2. CITIZENSHIP AT BIRTH FOR CERTAIN PERSONS BORN IN THE UNITED STATES. (a) In General- Section 301 of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1401) is amended-- (1) by inserting `(a) IN GENERAL- ' before `The following'; (2) by redesignating paragraphs (a) through (h) as paragraphs (1) through (; and (3) by adding at the end the following: `(b) Definition- Acknowledging the right of birthright citizenship established by section 1 of the 14th amendment to the Constitution, a person born in the United States shall be considered `subject to the jurisdiction' of the United States for purposes of subsection (a)(1) if the person is born in the United States of parents, one of whom is-- (1) a citizen or national of the United States; `(2) an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence in the United States whose residence is in the United States; or `(3) an alien performing active service in the armed forces (as defined in section 101 of title 10, United States Code).'. (b) Applicability- The amendment made by subsection (a)(3) shall not be construed to affect the citizenship or nationality status of any person born before the date of the enactment of this Act.
34. Persons found trafficking in human cargo will be punished to the fullest extent of the law by sending those persons to Greenland for no less than 10 years of hard labor.
35. Those persons traveling across any border of the USA without proper documentation and authorization will be returned to the country of origin, after a Permanent stamp is adhered to those persons. Any person caught within the borders of the USA who is here illegally, will have the option of spending 10 years in Greenland doing hard labor, or returning to the country of origin and applying for return entry into the USA. If a person has been caught 2 times crossing into the USA, the person will loose any future right to apply for entry into the USA, and will spend 5 years of hard work in Greenland. (or optionally assist in building border fences along the Canada & Mexico borders during winter months).
36. This bill will have a “Sunset Clause”, hence that this bill will be reviewed on a 2 year basis for the next 6 years by congress, and based upon information from the GAO on the Fiscal impact of all aspects of this bill, and information provide by the DOJ & BP & ICE Based upon the results of these reports the Senate will, with a vote of not less than 75% of the senate voting yes to keep the bill for the next 2 years or to stop it.
37. The department of Homeland Security, will ratify by factual findings that actual border security has been accomplished by the actual number of illegal aliens crossing our countries borders by ICE & BP reporting ALL illegal border crossings on a monthly basis to the GAO, and to the public via the Internet post these findings on the DHS web site each month for public review.
38. No state will issue any form of identification i.e., driver’s license to any illegal alien in this country.
39. All state, federal and local funding that provides any form of financial services to any illegal will hereby stop, no educational facility will grant access to any person who is here in this country illegally.
40. Immediately, all federal, state and local law enforcement agencies will share information on all illegal aliens, and make updates to this information as needed on a regular basis as the new information becomes available.
41. All schools in the USA will teach English as it's primary language, and all books will be in English only. Students may take additional languages after a proficiency test of English has been passed.
42. All state, federal and local government forms will be printed in English only. Failure to do so will result in no federal funding until corrected.
43. Voting ballots will be provided in English only.
44. All costs for incarceration of persons from foreign nations will be billed directly to that country of origin (nation) for the illegal alien. Failure to do so will result in no federal funding until corrected.
45. Costs for deportation of illegal aliens will be billed to the illegals home country, or will be deducted from the funds/grants/aid that the USA gives to that country on a yearly basis.
46. Until Foreign countries like Mexico and other central America countries get control of their southern borders and stop the flow of illegal aliens into their countries that flow north into the USA, all funds in the form of grants, aid, trusts will seize.
47. The FCC will monitor all radio stations for "Over Broadcasting" that squelches out other stations of the same wattage in the same localities. Failure to adhere to these FCC regulations will result in immediate loss of broadcasting license for on year.
48. All business signage will be in English only.
49. The Senate will provide for an additional 30% border patrol agents each year until the GAO reports and independent MCDC-ALIPAC observers/advisers can testify that the US borders are secure.
50. Any person who is in the USA after September 22, 2007 who is not legally here will have 60 days to register with their home Consulates, and will be given an additional 30 days to make arrangements to exit the country. Failure to do so will result in immediate deportation, and disallow that person from applying for perm visas in the future.
51. Persons in the USA after Jan 1, 2008 who are here in the USA illegally will be deported to their country of origin, unless that person can apply for asylum, from countries on the asylum approved list.
52. Additional electronic detection devices, Aeriel surveillance equipment, field glasses, night vision, surveillance (personnel) and vehicular, additional vehicles, additional vehicle repairs, and additional large automatic weapons will be issued to the border patrol and be completely funded immediately. Failure of the Senate and House to pass this funding will allow the federal government to garnish the salaries from all members of the house, senate, cabinet and the staff of the president.
53. Any foreign nation requesting a Embassy will be required to ask permission 1 full year in advance, and that information be made available to the public via the Internet at the DHS web site. Also there will be NO special tax loop holes for any embassy, or its members. All members of international Consulates will be under the jurisdiction of the local city, state & federal laws and will be subject to the same punishment as anyone else if found committing a crime. There will be NO mobile Consulates allowed in the country.
54. Foreign Consulate members "MAY" have access to persons who are under suspicion for committing crimes, but ONLY after they have given complete written & video taped statements about the crime. Under no way will any Consulate be allowed to question any law enforcement officer. If any Consulate violates this mandate those members of the offending consulate will be removed from the USA for a period of 5 years.
55. This Legislation will repeal Executive Order 13166. This Clinton Executive Order requires all federal agencies and recipients of federal funds provide translation services, at taxpayer expense, in whatever language a person speaks.
56. NOTE: Incentives could be structured -- under Section 5 and other sections -- around national registration and compliance to wave deportation, fines and penalties, provided the foreign national agrees to (a) abide by the rules as defined in this act and (b) is sponsored by an American citizen/company. Non-compliance would signal immediate deportation status.