The ACLU (American Civil Liberties Union) and MALDEF (Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund) have filed a lawsuit against Farmers Branch, Texas regarding its ordinance on landlords who rent to illegal aliens.
It's kind of funny that both of these groups continue to use the term American in their name as they routinely go around the country suing American towns and cities that are trying to rid themselves of the leeching populations of foreign non-American illegal aliens that are causing these cities social services, education and health care systems to be destroyed and crime to rise to the point of emergency.
This is the third lawsuit filed against Farmers Branch, Texas over its Hazleton, PA style landlord ordinance. Hazleton is also being sued by the ACLU.
Plaintiffs include two landlords as well as legal Latino residents and U.S. citizen children who fear the ordinance will force them to separate from relatives or leave their homes, the suit said.
If the relatives are illegal aliens then they should be separated as they aren't supposed to be in this country.
The lawsuit claims the measure, scheduled to take effect Jan. 12, is so poorly drafted that it would allow exclusion of even legal immigrants and citizens from renting. It would mean everyone must carry a birth certificate or a passport, said Marti Garza, program director of the ACLU of Texas.
What's the problem with producing a birth certificate? Everyone I know has a birth certificate as it is required for many things in this country like getting a drivers license.
Of course then there's this bit of brilliance from Immigration Warrior Tim O'Hare.
City Councilman Tim O'Hare, who led the effort to pass the ordinance, said the city is prepared to fight the legal challenges.
"What I think most Americans believe is if you get sued by the ACLU, you must be doing something right," O'Hare said.
Right on Tim!
well funny how the United States think they patented the word "America".. Really come on, really think about what used today and see how much is produced with in borders..
1) "America" is used in more than the U.S of A.. there is North America (WOW, thats a big one).. there is Latin America (Ohhh)... America is what Europeans (or should i say todays Immigrant Offspring), Called the land when C. Columbus found it.. What do you know.. (America was founded by Immigrants)
2)Back to my 1st comment: I propose a LAW that says anybody using foreign made products should be made illegal... Yeah thats rights..
To often than not society would like to reap the benefits of what immigrants produce.. take & Take & Take.. but never give back..
Look through me all these health figures & gangs or whatever BS statistic you can make up but it all comes to this.. Money Talks BS walks.. ASK Hazelton, PA how their local economy is booming (or lack there of)... and how its reconsidering the choices it made
Posted by: ron jeremy on April 29, 2008 12:30 AM
1. America is a sovereign nation when used in the traditional context in which Americans use it. It has nothing to do with who chooses to use the word America to describe a certain landmass. These are two separate and distinct contexts.
2. Columbus found nothing. Native Americans were already living here well before Columbus was even a thought. And even if you mean the first European, The Vikings were here 500 years before Columbus. Proven by extensive settlements found in L'Anse aux Meadows, NewFoundland. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L'Anse_aux_Meadows)
S,o check your facts.
3. It means nothing to say America was found by immigrants..Every place in the world was founded by immigrants...Nobody in the world can trace their lineage back to the beginning of mankind.
4. Early European immigrants came to make their way in an unsettled land. They didn't break the law and break into an already sovereign nation. The world is a much different place now. It's a world of nations and those nations have laws. And if people don't want to respect those laws then LEAVE. Nobody made you come here. Come on back and do it the right way. We'll be happy to have you. There are legal ways to come here. But please don't form groups like "La Raza" whose slogan is "For The Race everything. Outside The Race, nothing." Who are the real racists then?
Thanks and have a nice day.
Posted by: Ron on May 15, 2008 02:34 AM
IT ALL BOILS DOWN TO THE ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE MORE RIGHTS THAN THE AMERICAN CITIZENS. THEY CAN COME HERE ILLEGALLY, PLUNK OUT THEIR BEANER BABIES, LIVE OFF OF US BECAUSE OUR GOVERNMENT HAS ALLOWED THIS TO HAPPEN, AND GET EVERYTHING HANDED TO THEM FREE. THEY CAN LIVE OFF THEIR KIDS' WHILE THEY ARE HERE ILLEGALLY. WHAT OTHER NATION ALLOWS THIS KIND OF BEHAVIOR AND AWARDS PEOPLE THAT GO TO THEIR COUNTRY ILLEGALLY. NO WONDER EVERYONE WANTS TO COME TO THE GOOD OL USA! THE TAXPAYERS HAVE BEEN PAYING FOR THEM TO LIVE HERE FOR YEARS FOR FREE!!!!!
Posted by: DEBBIE on March 3, 2011 07:48 PM