I'll be voting today for my new Representative since my old one died
. Unfortunately his wife will probably win because she has the same last name as him and people are too lazy to actually vote in someone who knows what the hell they're doing.
I've often wondered why people vote for a government official's spouse. It seems so over the top, but it seems to happen more often these days.
For more on this pillar of my community that is Doris Matsui click here
I can feel the illegal aliens in Mexico strapping their shoes on and getting their car keys ready as Doris is sure to be just as friendly to them as her husband was.
I was going to vote for John Thomas Flynn, but he doesn't really give enough information. He says his top priorities are Social Security, Immigration Reform and Fighting Terrorism, but there are no specifics.
So, instead I'm voting for this seasoned Vietnam veteran who served in the Reagan administration under the SecDef Serge Chernay.
Here's a few of his accomplishments:
- Immigrated from Germany, 1948.
- Survivor of German concentration camp
- USAF Pilot
- Flew B-52's SAC
- 455 Combat Missions in Vietnam (Forward Air Controller)
His stances on the issues:
- Strong National Defense. Protect America against terrorism.
- Secure our borders.
- Enforce legal immigration laws.
- Vigorously pursue non-proliferation of nuclear weapons and technology.
- Take more assertive role in controlling nuclear storage and waste sites in countries that have nuclear weapons.
- Raise standards and quality of American education.
- Resist budget cuts that impact education.
- Seek federal assistance for our educational budget crisis.
- Full funding of "No Child Left Behind".
- Find bipartisan solution to the Social Security problem.
- Support reform of our IRS Income Tax Codes.
- Strongly defend the US Constitution and the Bill of Rights.
- Defend against attacks on the basic principles that created this great nation.
- Resist attacks on all references to God and the right to prayers, such as traditional Presidential Inaugurations, Pledge Allegiance to the Flag.
- Resist attempts to legalize same sex marriages, protect family values.
While I'm not all into that moral mumbo jumbo in regards to God his national defense stances are too much to ignore for our district, state and nation.